Basic Sewing Techniques
Led by Kathi Forkner
In this class we will practice zipper insertion, buttonholes, darts and hems. We will insert invisible zippers, centered zippers and lapped zippers. You can make a buttonhole on any zig zag machine if you know how. We will practice until you are an expert! Learn the many types and purposes of darts. Sometimes they sneak in where you don't notice. There are many types of hems for pants, skirts, blankets or whatever. Come join us for a fun learning experience! Kit fee $10
- Sewing machine in good working order
- You should be able to thread your machine and wind your bobbin before class
- Brightly colored thread for your machine (we want to be able to see our stitches while we practice)
- Size 80/12 needles for your machine
- Basic sewing supplies, including thread, bobbins, pins, marking tools, thread snips, scissors, seam guide. These items may be purchased at Montavilla if you don't have them yet.
- Pen or pencil and paper for taking notes
|September 25, 2018||10:00 am - 1:30 pm||$45.00||
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Class, club, and event fees are nonrefundable. You must cancel 72 hours before the first session of the class, club, or event to receive store credit or apply the fee to another class, club or event. However, if the instructor or Montavilla Sewing Centers has to cancel a class, club, or event, you have the option for a store credit or full refund. Students must bring their own machines to all classes, unless otherwise noted. We request that you do not bring children or guests to the classes. Thank you!