Beginning Paper Piecing
Led by Jim Curtis
A Foundation Piecing Method
Instructor: Jim Curtis (503) 489-7085
This is a beginning paper piecing class so you will learn what paper piecing is all about and the techniques involved.
- Fabric – Selections of scraps from your collection or select different colored fat quarters. Try to bring some light, medium and dark fabrics in your choice of colors. This is a practice piece so fabrics are not as important as the technique.
- Pattern – I will be supplying the pattern at the time of the class.
- Sewing machine – new needle (bring your machine manual too)
- Rotary Cutter – Sharp blade
- Scissors (fabric & paper if you have them)
- Small cutting mat & ironing mat
- Small iron, (if you have one, but not necessary if you don’t.)
- Ruler (I will supply a sample paper piecing ruler that you can try out during class)
- Thread – your choice of color
It will be helpful if you have selected and purchased all of you fabric prior to class. We’ll cut the fabric in class. We’ll do the rest of the work in our class too. Now let’s have some fun!!!
|May 5, 2019||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||$25.00||
Only 2 spots left!
|June 2, 2019||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||$25.00||
|July 7, 2019||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||$25.00||
|August 4, 2019||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||$25.00||
|October 6, 2019||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||$25.00||
|November 3, 2019||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||$25.00||
|December 1, 2019||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||$25.00||
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Class, club, and event fees are nonrefundable. You must cancel 72 hours before the first session of the class, club, or event to receive store credit or apply the fee to another class, club or event. However, if the instructor or Montavilla Sewing Centers has to cancel a class, club, or event, you have the option for a store credit or full refund. Students must bring their own machines to all classes, unless otherwise noted. We request that you do not bring children or guests to the classes. Thank you!