Beginning Sewing - Tote Bag
Led by Karen Williams
Who doesn't love a Tote Bag?? Instruction includes use of a rotary cutter (no students under 18), boxed corners, seam allowances, and use of a decorative machine stitch. Basic knowledge of threading and use of your sewing machine is required. If you are new to your machine, please schedule a one hour lesson, prior to this class, with a teacher at Montavilla Sewing Centers (this lesson is free if you have purchased your machine at MSC, otherwise it is $45 per lesson).
- Sewing machine in good working order, including cords and foot control, accessories including bobbins, and extra needles
- Fabric: quilting cotton 45" wide, 3/4 yd. each of a print and a matching solid fabric. Pre-wash and dry your fabrics.
- Thread to match the solid colored fabric and thread in a contrasting color (or just bring one spool of black and one spool of white thread) and have a bobbin wound in each thread color
- Pins, ball head or flower head preferred
- Seam ripper
- 12" ruler
- One button about 3/4" in diameter that goes with your printed fabric (We will do a buttonhole if time permits.)
If you have them, please also bring:
- Rotary cutter
- 6" square ruler
- 6" by 24" ruler
- Seam gauge
|March 27, 2019||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm||$45.00||
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Class, club, and event fees are nonrefundable. You must cancel 72 hours before the first session of the class, club, or event to receive store credit or apply the fee to another class, club or event. However, if the instructor or Montavilla Sewing Centers has to cancel a class, club, or event, you have the option for a store credit or full refund. Students must bring their own machines to all classes, unless otherwise noted. We request that you do not bring children or guests to the classes. Thank you!