Roma's Serger University
Only $259.95! Reg. $299.95. Space is Limited!
Come join us for 3 fun-filled days of serging! Learn all about sergers regardless of what serger you may own. In class, everyone will be using a Baby Lock Triumph Serger so there’s no need to bring your own. You will learn things you never thought a serger could do!
You will learn in the workshop:
- All the parts of your machine and receive labels to make it easier to remember what those knobs are for.
- What is the difference between a 4 thread and an 8 thread machine?Why 8??
- No tensions??How do I do this?Relax --- it’s automatic!
- How to utilize the Differential Feed and when to make an adjustment.
- How to use many feet and attachments and how to apply them to your garment/project.
- Needles!!!How, when and why you are to change those needles – and not just when they break!
- Basic serging stitches, Flatlocking, Serger Crochet, Wave Stitch, Piping, Zippers, 5 thread safety stitch – using both ‘sides’ of your machine, True rolled and flat, balanced hems, Elastic insertion – the garment industry way, Specialty threading, Increasing Overlock needle tensions, Heavy decorative threads, Wired edge ribbon, serging curves, Inside/Outside corners, Coverhems, Blindhems and so much more!As a bonus you will learn a couple of special threading techniques not in any book!
- Thread – what is preferable and what isn’t.
- When to use what stitch and best of all why Babylock sergers are THE best and easiest!
The printed workbook will be included in the class fee. Lunch is provided for all 3 days.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Class, club, and event fees are nonrefundable. You must cancel 72 hours before the first session of the class, club, or event to receive store credit or apply the fee to another class, club or event. However, if the instructor or Montavilla Sewing Centers has to cancel a class, club, or event, you have the option for a store credit or full refund. Students must bring their own machines to all classes, unless otherwise noted. We request that you do not bring children or guests to the classes. Thank you!