To cover welt cording:
- Use 1⁄4" (6 mm) Cotton Filler Cord. Cut strips of bias or cross grain fabric wide enough to cover the cord plus seam allowance.
- Snap on the Single Welt Cord Foot. Select center needle straight stitch, stitch length 3.
- Place the cording on the wrong side of the fabric strip and wrap the fabric strip around the cord.
- Place the fabric and cord under the Single Welt Cord Foot with the cording in the groove on the underside of the foot.
- Sew to cover the cording with the fabric.
To stitch covered welt cord into a seam:
- Snap on the Single Welt Cord Foot. Select center needle position straight stitch, stitch length 3.
- Place the covered welt cord on the right side of the fabric along the seam line. Place it under the Single Welt Cord Foot with the welt cord in the groove of the foot. Stitch the welt cord to the fabric. Clip the seam allowance of the welt cord at curves and corners.
- Place the second piece of fabric right sides together with the first. The welt cord will be between the two layers. Place the welt cord in the groove and stitch with the first stitching line up. Touch the width to adjust the needle position slightly to the right to cover the first stitching.