- An invisible zipper is always inserted before stitching the garment seam.
- Mark the length of the zipper opening on the seam allowances and on the zipper. The excess length should be at the bottom of the zipper.
- Snap on the Clear Invisible Zipper Foot
- Select center needle position straight stitch. Length 2.5-3.0.
- Place the right part of the zipper on the right side of the seam, right sides together. The coil should be placed on the seam line, starting about 3⁄4” (2cm) below the cut edge of the fabric.
- Carefully press the zipper teeth slightly to the right and lower the presser foot, so that the coil lies in the groove to the right of the needle.
- Starting at the top, sew the zipper in place. Stop at the mark on the zipper and seam allowance and tie-off.
- Place the second zipper tape on the left side of the opening, right sides together. Make sure both coils are level.
- Pin the zipper in place. Open the zipper.
- Lower the presser foot with the left groove over the zipper teeth. Sew in the same way as the first guide.
- Close the zipper. Place the fabric with the zipper right sides together. Pin the rest of the fabric below the zipper right sides together.
- Snap on the regular Zipper Foot E to the left of the needle. Adjust the needle position as needed.
- Sew the seam from the lower edge and up to the zipper overlapping the backstitched seam.
- Press the seam open
Note: Buy an invisible zipper that is at least 1 1⁄4” (3cm) longer than the zipper opening.