Edge/stitch: Straight stitch, left needle position, length 2–4.
- Snap on the Edge/Joining Foot.
- Place edge of fabric against flange/guide. Sew. Topstitch: Straight stitch, center needle position, length 2–4.
- Snap on Edge/Joining Foot.
- Place flange/guide at line to topstitch. Sew. Joining: 3 step zigzag, or bridging stitch, length 2–3, width 4–7.
- Place two pieces of fabric or trim, one on each side of the guide/flange of the foot.
- Sew. Keep fabric/trim against the flange/guide to join them.