How to use:
- Set the overlock machine for the desired stitch.
- Snap on the Gathering Foot.
- Insert the bottom fabric layer (fabric to be gathered) between the needle plate and the\ Gathering Foot all the way up to the cutter, with right side up.
- Insert the top fabric layer in the opening of the Gathering Foot and even with the bottom layer right side down.
- Lower the presser foot and sew. Guide the fabric against the fabric guide, letting the bottom layer feed freely to gather.
Tip:To increase the fullness of the gathering:
- Increase the needle thread tension
- Set the differential feed to a higher number
- Adjust the stitch length to a higher number
A single layer of fabric may also be gathered by placing it under foot and adjusting stitch length, differential feed and needle thread tension to desired fullness.