Easily create your own piping:
- Set the machine for Chainstitch.
- Use the default stitch settings. Adjust if needed.
Note: Although the machine recommends needle D, you will use needle E for this technique instead.
- Snap on the Piping foot. (The cording guide is not used for this technique.)
- Place the cord in the groove on the bottom of the foot and pull the cord tail behind the foot about 2½” (5cm). Note: ¼” - 5/8” (1.5 - 2.0mm) cord can be used.
- Cut a strip of fabric on the bias, 1” (25mm) wide.
- Wrap the fabric around the cord in the front of the foot. Slide the fabric under the foot.
- Lower the presser foot and sew over the cord and fabric (illustration 1). (Hold the cord behind the foot as you begin to sew.)